Next screenings of the film "Music for the Slums"
After the premiere of the documentary "Music For The Slums" on June 5 at the Kamino-Kino in Reutlingen, further screening dates have already been set:
- 02/11/2018 - 10:15 p.m.: The film is broadcast on Bible TV
- 08/08/2018 - 8:15 p.m.: The film is broadcast on Bible TV
- 17/02/2018 - 3:45 p.m.: The film is broadcast on Bible TV
- 21/01/2018 - 11:30 a.m.: Kino ATELIER, Vor dem Haagtor 1, 72070 Tübingen
- 10/12/2017 - 11:15 a.m.: Centralkino im Bürgerbräu, Frankfurter Str. 87, Würzburg
- 20/10/2017 - 7:30 p.m.: Lukaskirche, Blumenstr. 23/2, 70839 Gerlingen
- 09/10/2017 - 7:05 p.m.: The film is broadcast on Bible TV
- 06/05/2017 - 8:00 p.m.: Binger Bühne, Martinstr. 3, Bingen am Rhein
- 24/03/2017 - 7:00 p.m.: Kulturraum der Montessori-Schule, Rowekamp 14, Borken. Further information
- 09/03/2017 - 7:30 p.m.: Gründerzentrum, Am Wört 1, 97941 Tauberbischofsheim. Further information
- 03–05/03/2017 - 3:00 p.m.: Liudgerhaus, Überwasserkirchplatz 3, 48143 Münster. Workshop at the 29th supra-diocesan symposium "Neues Geistliches Lied" (New Spiritual Song). The program in detail
- 16/01/2017 - 7:00 p.m.: Zentrum Portugiesischsprachige Welt, Universität zu Köln, Universitätsstr. 22a, Raum 40, in the Student Service Center (SSC)
- 31/10/2016 - 7:30 p.m.: ev. Gemeindehaus, Simmerath-Lammersdorf
- 15/10/2016 - 7:30 p.m.: Chorsaal im Pfarrzentrum, Dinkelscherben
- 14/10/2016 - 7.30 p.m.: Grundschule, Gessertshausen
- 06.10.2016 - 7:30 p.m.: Gemeindesaal der Andreaskirche, Frankfurt/Main
- 03–05/10/2016 - 5.00 p.m.: Waggonhalle, Marburg
- 16/09/2016 - 8:30 p.m.: LUKE, Ludwigsburg
- 01/09/2016 - 7.00 p.m.: Lateinamerika-Forum, Berlin
- 12/06/2016 - 11:15 a.m.: Kamino-Kino, Reutlingen
- 05/06/2016 - 11.15 a.m.: Kamino-Kino, Reutlingen
Music for the Slums. Music school in the Rocinha favela gives hope
Rio is a city with many faces. Here the downtown city with its glittering business center and beaches like Copacabana, there the favelas that climb the hills, where hundreds of thousands have to live in small huts in a confined space.
In the film " Music for the Slums " we dive deep into the world of the "Favela". It shows in a differentiated way which problems the residents are confronted with in everyday life and how difficult it is to free oneself from this situation.
In one of these favelas – the Rocinha – we meet Uli Koch, a teacher from southern Germany who has been successfully supporting a music school project here for many years. With all his energy he fights against the gap between “rich and poor” and helps to organize free music lessons for the children from the favela. The music enables the children and young people to look into a different, better world - beyond poverty, prostitution, crime, violence and drug trafficking …
After the film, the project initiator and co-producer of the film, Uli Koch, will be available for a discussion. The evening's donations go to the music school in the Rocinha.
Director/camera/editing: Joachim Stall. Second camera: Claus Conzatti Assistant director: Maike Bouschen Editorial staff: Joachim Stall und Uli Koch Organization/Crowdfunding: Uli Koch Production: Joachim Stall - Medienproduktion Reutlingen
You can also see the full movie. Order a DVD from firstname.lastname@example.org
You will then receive the DVD for a donation of € 15.00 (or more).